Pokémon comes to the real world thanks to augmented reality
The combination of augmented reality and the Pokémon universe has led to a title that has unleashed one of the greatest frenzies that can be remembered in the video gaming world. You probably already know that we're talking about Pokémon GO that allows us to turn the real world that surrounds us into a place where we can have fun hunting down these creatures.
Snorlax, Charmander, Pikachu and Wishmur, among others, are waiting to be caught.
Wherever you are, a Pokémon may appear at any given moment and you only need to have installed the game's APK on your Android: hunt them down and catch them as soon as they appear on your screen. You'll have to be fast because they only appear for a limited amount of time.
- Create your player profile with an avatar and image of your Pokémon companion.
- Climb up in level and experience as you manage to catch them all.
- Become part of a team of hunters.
- Train your Pokémon in your gyms.
- Get hold of coins to purchase objects from the virtual store.
- Earn different rewards.
- Color code that indicates the probability to catch them.
- Grab hold of special objects at the Pokéstops, located at places of public interest in the real world, depending on the level of each player.
Exclusive and legendary Pokémons
Some of them can't be caught so easily. The reason is that some of them are exclusive to certain regions, such as Tauros in North America, Mr. Mime in Europe, Farfetch'd in Asia or Kangaskhan in Australia. In turn, some of them haven't been unlocked, such as the much desired Articuno or Ditto, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo or Mew.
Cheats to catch Pokémon
You're going to need to take quite a few walks find those that are missing from your Pokédex although there are always certain cheats that can help you to catch them faster. For instance, with FastPokeMap, that uses Google Maps to indicate their presence so you don't have to go out hunting in the dark. There are also ways of spoofing your GPS location so that you can appear anywhere around the world to be able to catch them all... but be careful, because if Niantic realizes you're cheating, they will kick you out of the game.
Some people think that there's no reason to carry on playing once you've caught them all. But, with each new update, the game incorporates new features that make it equally appealing. Nevertheless, since the first version was launched we've seen improvements such as support for the Pokémon GO Plus wearable, a device that notifies you when there's a nearby creature so you don't have to be constantly glued to your phone.
What's new in the latest version
- Minor improvements to the text.
- Requires Android 4.4 or above.
- The installation of the app by means of the APK file requires the activation of the "Unknown sources" option within Settings>Applications.
- Offers in-app purchases.
PokemonGoMap 0.3.4 New
Pokémon GO radar for Windows
Pokémon GO iPhone 1.27.4
Catch all the Pokémons in the real world